Prep101 is strongly committed to providing a uniquely interactive, dynamic learning environment for students taking our Comprehensive MCAT Prep Course. We believe students learn best by doing, and we base the classroom component of our MCAT prep course on the principle of active learning. The foundation of this active-learning environment is our series of Classroom Companion workbooks that include:
- Fill-in-the-blanks exercises – Incomplete definitions and diagrams are completed in class under the guidance of an expert instructor, an interactive approach that fosters deep learning of the concepts in our Master the MCAT Study Guides.
- Critical thinking exercises – The MCAT puts far greater emphasis on critical thinking and analytical reasoning than on basic scientific knowledge, so every Classroom Companion lesson includes three or four drills that challenge students to quickly analyze new and complex material as they work through tricky questions on testable MCAT concepts.
- Fully worked examples of difficult, high-yield MCAT problems with detailed step-by-step problem-solving methods that show you how to recognize and quickly solve these recurrent question types.
- Stand-alone practice questions at the end of each lesson in the Classroom Companion to thoroughly reinforce comprehension.
- 30-minute In-Class Exam of passage-based questions that wraps up each two-hour lesson.
Our Classroom Companions
- Biology Classroom Companion
- General Chemistry Classroom Companion
- Organic Chemistry Classroom Companion
- Physics Classroom Companion
- Verbal Reasoning Classroom Companion
- Prep Courses
- Course Materials
- Course Features